The Bar Standards Board has published the Public Access Scheme Guidance for Lay Clients which is now contained in the Bar Standards Board Bar Handbook.
If you are a member of the public looking to engage a barrister directly without the intervention of a solicitor you are strongly encouraged to read the Public Access Scheme Guidance for Lay Clients which contains much information on such matters, for example:
- the advantages of using the scheme.
- whether a case is suitable for public access.
- whether a barrister is obliged to accept a case on public access.
- how to make use of the public access scheme.
- what work a barrister can do under the scheme.
- how to instruct a barrister.
- how charges are levied.
- what to do if you wish to complain, and the requirement to provide identification and verification to your barrister.
For more information about our members and services please contact us.
Our telephone number in Southampton United Kingdom is +44 (0) 2381 511511.
For clients wishing to have a conference in London United Kingdom then please dial the London UK appointments number of +44 (0)203 407 0047.
Alternatively, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org.