Our members have frequently acted as advocates in corporate insolvency cases and provided advice to all types of stakeholders in the company insolvency process whether before or after the company has been the subject of a winding up process. This has included –
- creditors both secured and unsecured;
- insolvency practitioners;
- company directors. and
Companies have included private limited companies as well as public companies.
Cases have included the full spectrum of
- company compulsory winding up;
- members voluntary winding up;
- creditors voluntary winding up;
- law of property act receivers;
- company voluntary arrangements,
and have included cases with an international element as well as domestic UK insolvency law. Issues such as transactions at an under value, frauds on creditors, misfeasance, preferences and corporate reconstructions and landlord and tenant issues in the context of insolvency have been included.
In all cases we take a practical and commercial approach and aim to provide the best possible outcome in the circumstances for our clients which is in their best interests. We are mindful of the client’s needs, provide a responsive service, and give a positive enthusiastic effort as part of a team of advisors on a case.
We provide clear advice drilling down to the key issues in any case upon which we are instructed.
Recent corporate insolvency cases have included –
- acting on behalf of a hedge fund owed £43 million on an application by Administrators for directions in the Companies Court;
- advising and appearing for a major pharmaceutical company on an application for directions in relation to a dispute over retention of title of goods involving issues of complex law;
- dealing with the placing of a league football club into administration; and
- dealing with a variety of court applications arising in a complex administration dealing with the sale of land.
Our Head of Chambers has dealt with many cases involving complex issues of jurisdiction and insolvency law including the prominent case of Polly Peck.
The following members of Chambers may be engaged for insolvency and restructuring work namely –
Please refer to our barrister profile pages, and use our shortlist facility and enquiry form.
For more information about our members and services please contact us.
Our telephone number in Southampton United Kingdom is +44 (0) 2381 511511.
For clients wishing to have a conference in London United Kingdom then please dial the London UK appointments number of +44 (0)203 407 0047.
Alternatively, you may email email@example.com.