- At the Chambers of Susan Brown (“Tennyson Chambers”) we are committed to ensuring our web site www.tennysonchambers.com (“the site”) is accessible to the widest possible audience regardless of technology and ability. The graphic designers and developers of the site have used their knowledge and understanding of the ways in which different people access the internet to develop a web site which is clear and simple for everyone to use.
- We have worked to make this web site as accessible as possible whilst still retaining artistic interest. We have considered alternative styles, its compatibility with tools, browsers, coding standards, images and alt tags, consistent navigation and contact,
Compatibility with Tools
- Our website www.tennysonchambers.com has been designed to be compatible with assistive technologies:
- Voice over.
- The site is also designed to be compatible with:
- Basic operating system screen magnifiers.
- Speech recognition software, such as Dragon Naturally speaking.
- Operating system speech packages.
- We recommend that you set up your computer or device to enhance your computer experience. Please refer to the charity Abilitynet for further guidance about how to configure your computer or device so that accessibility is increased by –
- Making your mouse easier to use.
- Use your keyboard instead of a mouse.
- Talk to your device.
- Make your device talk to you.
- Make text larger.
- Change your colours.
- Magnify the screen.
Compatibility with browsers.
- This website has been designed to work with the following browsers namely –
- Internet explorer.
- Google Chrome.
- Microsoft Edge for windows 10.
If you are experiencing problems with the web site it is recommend that you install the latest version of the browser and ensure your browser is up to date. Later versions of the browsers should continue to be compatible.
Images and Alt Tags
- We have avoided using excessive graphics within the site where possible to ensure quick download times and access to information which cannot be read in image format.
- Where images are used in the site we have added alt tags. These are text alternatives that allow you to see what the image is meant to convey. This will apply if the image does not load, if you are browsing with images switched off, or if you are using a screen reader to give audio descriptions of the web page.
Coding standards and validation
- Our site endeavours to comply with W3C standards for HTML and css because we believe that usability and accessibility must have a solid foundation. Our adherence to this standard ought to make our site accessible across browsers which adhere to the same standards, and should make our pages more accessible to those using screen readers or similar devices. If anything in this web site does not validate correctly, please contact the site administrator.
- We have also endeavoured to achieve AA accessibility as measured against version 1.0 of the WCAG. We are aware however that a number of the checkpoints of the WCAG are subjective – and although we are sure that we have met them in full, there may be instances where interpretation may vary.
- We have aimed to adhere to consistent navigation across our site. Certain pages are available from every single page on the www.tennysonchambers.com web site. All image links have text alternatives.
13. If you have any comments about the accessibility of our web site please contact our web master here at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Head of Chambers
Ocean Village Innovation Centre
© Susan Brown 2018 All Rights reserved.
For more information about our members and services please contact us.
Our telephone number in Southampton United Kingdom is +44 (0) 2381 511511.
For clients wishing to have a conference in London United Kingdom then please dial the London UK appointments number of +44 (0)203 407 0047.
Alternatively, you may email email@example.com.