At Tennyson we can provide legal advice and representation on all manner of issues concerning land registration under the Land Registration Act 2002 including –
- ownership, charges, notices and restrictions.
- overriding interests, priorities and unprotected interests.
- registration of title, cautions against first registration, validity of dispositions of registered land including powers of disposition and registrable instruments.
- effect of registration on priority.
- charges including relative priority.
- forged documents and fraudulent transactions.
- powers of realisation of security.
- boundaries, alteration and rectification of the land register.
- quality of title, and special cases such as the Crown.
- adverse possession, proprietary estoppel and mere equities.
- offences under the Land Registration Act 2002, and costs.
- other land registration matters.
We have previously acted for banks and financial institutions, developers, land owners and occupiers in respect of land registration matters.
In respect of disputed registration, we cover contentious/litigious cases concerning adverse possession (claims and defences), whether in the county court or in the High Court, boundary disputes, disputes about ownership and registration before the Registrar, and proceedings before the Adjudicator. Please also look at our mediation pages. We can cover any appeals which result from such cases.
We can accept direct access instructions on land registration issues and proceedings under the public access scheme or instructions from clients via their solicitors.
To assist you in your choice of barrister please refer to our barrister pages for our barrister profiles. Please make use of the short list facility to choose your barrister, the enquiry form, and book an appointment facility.
Members of Tennyson practising in Real Estate – land registration are –
For more information about our members and services please contact us.
Our telephone number in Southampton United Kingdom is +44 (0) 2381 511511.
For clients wishing to have a conference in London United Kingdom then please dial the London UK appointments number of +44 (0)203 407 0047.
Alternatively, you may email email@example.com.