Counsel at Tennyson have the specialist expertise in the law of landlord and tenant to assist both landlords and tenants in their disputes over let property. Please look at our landlord and tenant subpages which give further details of our work and areas covered.
Our Counsel have successfully advised upon all areas of the law of Landlord and Tenant for many years both in relation to commercial and residential premises. Examples of the types of area of landlord and tenant law covered include, but are not limited to, –
- repossession and service charge disputes.
- disrepair and damages claims.
- nuisance claims connected with leasehold premises.
- forfeiture of leases and relief from forfeiture.
- waiver of forfeiture.
- construction of leases.
- validity of leases, rent claims including ground rents.
- extension of leases.
- enfranchisement of leases.
- Commonhold Leasehold Reform Act 2002 and leasehold reform.
- right to manage claims.
- section 20 Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 notices.
- eviction disputes.
- secure tenancies and grounds for possession.
- assured and assured shorthold tenancies.
- long leases.
- drafting of leases.
- arrears of rent.
- breaches of covenant.
- Rent Act 1977 and Housing Acts 1980, 1985, 1988,1996 and 2004.
- Landlord and Tenant Acts 1985, and 1987.
- Landlord and Tenant Act 1954.
- Local Government and Housing Act 1989.
- failure to provide service charge accounts.
- licensing of leasehold premises.
- houses in multiple occupation.
- subletting and squatting.
- termination of business and residential tenancies.
- consent to assignment.
If your case type is not listed above, then please do not hesitate to contact us as not all our areas of expertise in landlord and tenant are listed above.
If you are a business owner with a commercial lease dispute, please see our landlord and tenant – commercial property page for further details. We are here to help and assist you resolve your case.
We provide clear advice drilling down to the key issues in any case upon which we are instructed.
We can work directly with you as a public access client or with solicitors chosen to assist you in your case. Exceptions are where you are a residential tenant under a secure, assured shorthold or assured tenancy and you need legal aid to pursue or defend you case. In this instance we will accept instructions on your case via a solicitor who has a franchise for housing law from the Legal Aid Agency.
We can act quickly to seek an injunction where necessary, for example, where you are a residential tenant have been the subject of eviction without due court process or a business owner who has been wrongly evicted.
We put our clients at the centre of what we do, and seek the most commercial solution in the best possible interest of our clients. Our advocacy is fearless before the court. We can put together a team of barristers very quickly as our Head of Chambers has the right to conduct litigation.
To assist you in your choice of advocate please refer to our barrister pages for our barrister profiles, and make use of the short list facility and enquiry form.
The following members of Chambers may be engaged for landlord and tenant cases namely –
For more information about our members and services please contact us.
Our telephone number in Southampton United Kingdom is +44 (0) 2381 511511.
For clients wishing to have a conference in London United Kingdom then please dial the London UK appointments number of +44 (0)203 407 0047.
Alternatively, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org.