At Tennyson we have previously advised upon several partnership disputes and represented litigants either as partners to an unlimited liability partnership or a limited liability partnership (“LLP”). The latter in recent years has proved very popular with the professions as the size of partnerships and their consequent liabilities have grown.
We are can advise upon the –
- Creation, construction, application and interpretation of a partnership deed or contract.
- Capacity of partners.
- Co-ownership and partnerships, and partnerships by estoppel.
- Dissolution, expulsion, retirement, or death of a partner, profits and loss, and damages claims by or against a partnership.
- Partners’ liabilities and liabilities of a partnership to third parties.
- Nature and duration of partnership.
- Whether money has been misapplied, fraud, partnership shares, financial rights, and duties of a partnership.
- Actions between partners and real estate.
- Insolvency and winding up of a partnership and any associated bankruptcy proceedings against the partners.
- Partnership Act 1890.
- Limited Partnerships Act 1907.
- Insolvent Partnerships Order 1994.
- Limited Liability Regulations 2001.
Often disputes between partners can involve complex issues of fact and law and may involve real estate, trusts, professional negligence, fraud, bribery and corruption, and insolvency which is one of Tennyson’s core areas.
We can accept instructions from independent financial advisers, hedge funds, wealth management partnerships. broker – dealer partnerships, investment advisers, offshore stockbrokers, investment partnerships, stockbrokers, solicitors, doctors, dentists, accountants, veterinary surgeons, surveyors, and other professional practices on public access as well as through a solicitor.
To assist you in your choice of counsel from Tennyson please refer to our barrister pages for our barrister profiles, and make use of the short list facility, enquiry form and book an appointment pages. Learn more about us here.
If you would like to mediate your dispute, then please refer to our mediation pages and mediator profiles.
For more information about our members and services please contact us.
Our telephone number in Southampton United Kingdom is +44 (0) 2381 511511.
For clients wishing to have a conference in London United Kingdom then please dial the London UK appointments number of +44 (0)203 407 0047.
Alternatively, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org.